The primary purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide professional-level care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over. This program offers a choice of Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED courses to meet the various training needs of a diverse audience.
Preregistration is required for all courses, walk-ins welcome but not guaranteed and only accepted into the class if space permits. Walk-ins not permitted for Instructor level or blended learning courses.
Full refunds will be given up to 72 hours (3 days) prior to the start of the course date.
25% cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations less than 72 hours (3 days) prior to the course start date.
50% cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations less than 24 hours prior to the course start date.
- 4% interest rate for all past due invoices.
- NO refund will be given after course starts (to include but not limited to: failure of prerequisites, failure to complete online learning (for all blended learning classes), failure of course, not showing up on time, etc); however, you can take the next class FREE of charge until you successfully pass or date exceeds 12 months after purchase of course.
- NO refund will be given for any course books or pocket masks purchased.
- NO refund will be given for any online fees or fees paid directly to third party companies (ARC, AHA, etc.).
- NO refunds will be given for behavioral issues. At Aquatic Safety, LLC., the safety of our instructors, as well as our participants, is the top priority; as a result, disruptive behavior is prohibited and will not be tolerated. Disruptive behavior includes but not limited to being disrespectful, offensive, threatening, bullying, harassing or acting abusively, sleeping in class, texting/using electronic devices during class, or any other behavior deemed inappropriate by Aquatic Safety, LLC. staff and/or facilities.
- NO refunds will be given for any pre-course assignments not completed by the student prior to the first day of class.
- NO refunds on group rates if students/employees do not show up for class, fail the course, or any other action resulting in students/employees not receiving course completion certification.
- $50 service fee for all requested courses with less than 5 participants.
- $50 service fee for all returned checks.
Please arrive to class early as catching up on missed material will be hard. The doors will close 15 minutes AFTER class starts and participants will be considered absent from class, no exceptions.
For low enrollment courses, the class will be canceled. Participants will be notified and given the choice to enroll in another upcoming course or offered a full refund.